Cafe Velo Tri Lakes GranFondo– May 4, 2014
Come and join the 2nd Annual Cafe Velo Tri-Lakes GranFondo– May 4th in Monument, Colorado. The 22 mile loop covers a scenic section of Northern El Paso County- and is the perfect opportunity to tune-up for your longer/century ride in June (like the Elephant Rock Ride, for example). Choose from 1 loop (22 miles) all the way up to 5 loops (110 miles and 9110 feet of elevation gain). This is a well-supported ride with volunteers and police support at key intersections. Well stocked aide stations every 10-12 miles, with food, hydration, and mechanical support. Participants receive a cool commemorative tech t-shirt, a cycling water bottle, support and aid stations during the ride, and food and drink coupon for nourishment after the ride provided by Bird Dog Barbecue and Pikes Peak Brewing Company! A portion of the proceeds will support local youth/junior cyclists and triathletes through the Colorado Non-Profit, Club Cafe Velo.
- *UPDATE* This event will be timed with a manual timing system (no chips) and results will be posted on this site. It is recommended that you check in with the timer upon finishing to verify your finish time will be recorded accurately. Please keep your number visible as you pass through the finish line if you are doing multiple laps- and call out your number for the timers.
- There will be 2 Strava Segments with premium prizes for fastest times (top 3 men & top 3 women) posted during the GranFondo. You must be a paid participant in the event AND submit/upload your Strava file on the day of the event to be eligible.
- Select from 22, 44, 66, 88, and 110 mile options.
- Registration fees will rise on April 16th. Register early to save $$!
- Register by April 15th in order to get a shirt and bottle on the day of the ride. Registrations April 16th or later can pick up their shirt/bottle at Cafe Velo the weekend after the ride.
- Ride Day Registration will be available, space permitting, at the Start/Finish next to Pikes Peak Brewing Company in Monument from 6:30am to 7:45am.
- The ride will start at 8am sharp– we will have a mass start with a controlled roll-out through the town of Monument with a local police escort.
- This ride is under USA Cycling permit 2014-209.
- Questions? Call Cafe Velo at (719) 772-6101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of the Ride:
- With the exception of the initial roll-out in Monument, the roads will not be closed to vehicle traffic during this ride.
- You must obey all traffic laws and respect/share the road.
- Do not cross double yellow lines- and be careful passing other riders.
- Any rider observed crossing a double yellow, or otherwise riding in an unsafe manner will be pulled from the ride.
- There is still some sand on the road– be careful and control speed in turns.
- Volunteers will be wearing bright orange shirts– if you have any questions or need help- find a volunteer.
- Mechanicals: You should be prepared to self-support in the event of common mechanical issues (flat, dropped chain, etc.) during the ride. We will have sag wagon support and a phone number will be provided for contacting sag-wagon during the ride. We will also have volunteers riding the route to assist anyone who needs help. Lastly, the 2 aid stations will have mechanical support available.
Here are the options:
Register for the ride HERE On-Line registration is open! Prices go up April 16th- register now to save $$. On Line registration closes at Midnight, May 2, 2014. Here are the prices through April 15th(all prices will increase $5 on April 16th, and another $5 for race day registration):
MAPS: The route maps are available at Ride With GPS. You may print out maps, cue sheets, and download files for your gps to follow the route. CLICK HERE FOR THE ROUTE ON ridewithgps
Here is a flyer for the event: TriLakes GranFondo Poster
Volunteers needed- CLICK HERE TO SEND US AN EMAIL or call 719 772-6101 to sign up as a volunteer. Each volunteer receives a volunteer tech t-shirt- and will be helping a great cause.