Cafe Velo Tri Lakes GranFondo– May 5, 2013
Come and join the inaugural Cafe Velo Tri-Lakes GranFondo– May 5th in Monument, Colorado. The 30 mile loop covers a scenic section of Northern El Paso County- and is the perfect opportunity to tune-up for your longer/century ride in June. Participants receive a cool commemorative tech t-shirt, support and aid stations during the ride and more! Proceeds will support local youth/junior cyclists and triathletes.
- UPDATE: PACKET PICKUP WILL ALSO BE AVAILABLE BETWEEN 2pm and 7pm at Cafe Velo Saturday, May 4th!
- Also, Packet Pickup is available at Limbach Park on May 5th from 6:30am to 7:45am.
- Ride Day Registration will be available, space permitting, at Limbach Park in Monument from 6:30am to 7:45am.
- Free coffee from Cafe Velo at the registration/packet pickup!
- Light breakfast items and some bike items (tubes, etc) will be available for sale at Limbach Park during registration/packet pickup.
- Parking choices include the following (see map below):
- surface streets (legal parking spots) in Monument
- Lewis Palmer School District office at Jefferson St and Second St.
- Elementary school lot on the east side of Jefferson just south of the school district office
- St Peter’s lot on the south side of Lincoln (do not park in any of the church lots north of Lincoln)
- Park and Ride- on Woodmoor Drive- just north of 105 on the east side Interstate 25
- Please do not park in any other church parking lots or local business lots
- The ride will start at 8am sharp– we will have a mass start with a controlled roll-out through the town of Monument with a local police escort
- We will have well-stocked aid stations at Limbach Park and at Fox Run Park (Pavilion 1). You may bypass these aid stations if you choose– just continue straight on Beacon Lite going North to skip the Limbach Park station and continue straight on Roller Coaster to skip the Fox Run aid station.
- Questions? Call ride director Chris at 719 459-2923, or email email@example.com
Rules of the Ride:
- With the exception of the initial roll-out in Monument, the roads will not be closed to vehicle traffic during this ride.
- Please obey all traffic laws and respect/share the road.
- Do not cross double yellow lines- and be careful passing other riders.
- Any rider observed crossing a double yellow, or otherwise riding in an unsafe manner will be pulled from the ride.
- There is still some sand on the road– be careful and control speed in turns.
- For laps 2, 3, and 4: the route continues up Beacon Lite to County Line. The last mile of Beacon Lite is not paved, and has short stretches of grades up to 10%. We ride this road all of the time- and it is in pretty good shape- but be careful on this stretch, especially if it has rained recently.
- Volunteers will be wearing gold shirts– if you have any questions or need help- find a volunteer.
- Sag wagon- support. If you need support during the ride, don’t hesitate to call ride director Chris at 719 459-2923.
The ride will start & finish in Limbach Park on 2nd Street in Monument. Here are the options:
Register for the ride HERE Note: REGISTER BY NOON Monday, April 29th, to be assured a shirt on ride day. After that you will still get a shirt- but you will need to pick it up at Cafe Velo the weekend after the ride. Also- we have a limited number of event water bottles FREE to ride registrants while supplies last– register soon!
Here is a close-up of the start finish at Limbach Park, and suggested parking areas:
MAPS: The route maps are available at Ride With GPS. You may print out maps, cue sheets, and download files for your gps to follow the route.
- MAP 1: First loop (30 miles), including parking locations click HERE
- MAP 2: Second/third/forth loops (26 miles) click HERE
Lap 1 Map and Elevation and Cue Sheet:
Lap 2,3,4 Map, Elevation, and Cue Sheet:
Here is a flyer for the event: TriLakes GranFondo poster-3
Volunteers needed- CLICK HERE TO SEND US AN EMAIL or call 719 772-6101 to sign up as a volunteer. Each volunteer receives a volunteer tech t-shirt- and will be helping a great cause.